This Listing has been discontinued.
Villa / Home
Listing #: 17442
Beach: On site
Golf: Short drive
Tennis: Short drive
Mention you found us on VacationHomes.com
White sandy beach as seen from the south side
From the north side
Dining area seats 8 comfortably
Sandy Paws Ocean Front Home
Our house is on a secluded private island, directly on the ocean with a white sandy beach and clear ocean water. The clean water provides excellent fishing and surfing. We are ardent conservationists and have managed to preserve the natural vegetation around the house. We have lots of beach grass and sea oats. The birding around the house is fabulous and we have fall visitors who come just to bird watch. Surf fishing is very good in front of the house because of a slew that has been there for at least 30 years.
See 360° tour video at bottom of this site! Look up the address on Google Map: 126 Beach R S, Wilmington, NC
The Beach House is a cozy, older oceanfront home. The home was built in 1969 by Paul and CoCo Foster on Figure 8 Island close to Wilmington North Carolina. The design is a mix of Caribbean, Central American and historic Carolina style coastal homes. Our furnishings are eclectic with many 1950's pieces copied from the famous 1952 Herman Miller catalog while the Fosters were living in Central America. The porch railings are stong but do not meet current building code. Please look closely at the photos to make sure they are acceptable.
Our house has five bedrooms and two full bathrooms. There is a warm water outside shower which is the most popular bathing area in the summer. The kitchen is fully equipped including a microwave and all the cookware a chef would want.
The house is located on Figure 8 Island just north of Wilmington, North Carolina. It is a private island and a gated community, accessible only to land owners and their guests. There are no public facilities on the island. It has the only privately owned bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway. We have clean and white sandy beaches with blue-green ocean water. Multiple loggerhead turtle nests hatch yearly. The beach is not crowded since the public is not allowed on the island.
Our house is light and airy and very relaxed. This is not a luxury home, but a functional beach house. Sandy toes are not a problem! Smoking is permitted outside, but must be carefully controlled because of the high winds and fire hazards. We have had several houses burn down on the island due to cigarette butts left burning in the sand or on the porch.
Please note: We support a small colony of feral cats to help keep the beach mice at bay. They tend to wander about the maritime forest acros the street. We tend to them very well and are members of Friends of Felines. They do not come inside the house.
The Beach House has an un-crowded white sandy beach with clear blue green ocean water. Lots of beach grass and sea oats surround the house. There is a large wrap around porch with lots of outside seating. There is a covered porch under the house that provides great outside dining and has a hammock. There is plenty of parking. If you like to surf or kayak you will love the un-crowded break. All water toys such as surfboards, bikes, and kayaks are available for rental.
- Air Conditioning
- Internet Access
- Wireless Internet
- Store Nearby
- Coffee Maker
- Ceiling Fan
Activities and Attractions
Historic Wilmington has many attractions and is a 20 minute drive from Figure 8 Island. There are many golf courses, including a course designed by Tom Fazio at Porters Neck Plantation, that is 10 minutes away. There is the Railroad Museum, Children’s Museum, Wilmington Museum, Fort Fisher Aquarium and the North Carolina Battleship. There are tours of the historic areas of the town. There are Airlie Gardens and Orton Plantation for the garden folks. The island offers kayak, bike and surfboard rentals.
- Snorkeling/Scuba Diving
- Amusement Park
- Restaurant Nearby
|Dec 1, 2011
||Feb 28, 2012
|Mar 1, 2012
||May 13, 2012
|May 14, 2012
||Sep 9, 2012
|Sep 10, 2012
||Nov 30, 2012
|Dec 1, 2012
||Feb 28, 2013
3 Night Minimum.
Based on Occupancy of 10 Persons.
Rates are in $US and subject to change without notice.
Rental Rate Notes
Price includes taxes, cleaning and linens! No hidden fees!
1. It is understood that the home is a privately owned dwelling. It is rented with furniture and household furnishings, and the owners shall not be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment not available presently in the residence, other than essential kitchen utensils and dining service. Should any major items of equipment be out-of-commission, and the Owners are unable to secure timely repairs from repair service, an adjustment in rental rates for the period may be made at the discretion of the Owners and on written request for such rate adjustment from the Renter. Maximum occupancy is twelve persons not including infants.
2. Week begins at 2:00 PM on Saturday and ends at 10:00 AM the following Saturday. Reservation deposit is 50% with balance payable at time of occupancy. Room occupancy tax is included in final payment. Deposit will be refunded in full if renter cancels reservation 60 days before reservation date. If less than 60 days notice is given, the deposit is forfeited as compensation for lost rental if no other renter is found. If owners are able to arrange a re-rental, all but $100 of deposit will be returned.
3. Renter agrees to indemnify Owners for any damage to the premises, including damage to the furnishing and household items, which occur as a result of Renter’s occupancy excluding, however, normal wear and tear.
4. Renter cannot sublet or assign this Agreement without the written consent of Owners.
5. Renter agrees to take all reasonable steps to see that members of his family and other occupants adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the Home and Figure Eight Island.
6. Renter agrees that he will not charge any long distance calls to the number of the rented premises nor permit any of his family or guests to do so, utilizing, instead the permitted Southern Bell Telephone practice of charging long distance calls made from Figure Eight Island to his home telephone or credit card. Renter agrees to pay all toll charges, nonetheless, billed by the telephone company to the number during the period of his use of the premises, and a $10.00 accounting surcharge for each call. Should Renter believe that the telephone company has erroneously billed charges during the period for his use, Renter agrees to correspond directly with the Southern Bell Telephone Company, Wilmington, NC for a refund of toll charges paid to the Owner pursuant to this contract. Absolutely no 900 number calls are to be dialed from the phone.
7. Owner may re-enter the premises at times agreeable to the Renter for the purpose of showing the property or making repairs.
8. If Renter violates any of the conditions or agreements in this contract or limitations in the Description of Owner’s property attached, Owner may terminate this agreement and enter the premises by force or by statutory proceedings.
9. The Renter certifies that he has read carefully the limitations placed on this dwelling by the Owners as set forth in the attached general description INCLUDING LIMITATIONS ON NUMBER OF PERSONS PERMITTED TO OCCUPY THE PREMISES, and agrees to abide by such limitations.