Rental Policies and Conditions 03/11/08
1. Check-in Time. Check-in time is after 4:00 P.M. CST. In some instances, access to your unit may be unavoidably delayed due to cleaning or maintenance issues. There will be no discounts offered due to a late check-in. Your patience will be appreciated in these circumstances. Guests who will be arriving later than 5PM should make late arrival arrangements by telephone prior to arrival. Early check-ins require special arrangements and may be available for an additional fee. Call 800-737-2322 for details. Our office hours are typically 8AM-5PM Monday-Saturday with seasonally extended hours.
2. Advanced Reservation Payment. An advanced reservation payment will be required to confirm your reservation. This may be paid by cash, traveler's checks, bank cashier’s check, or credit card (Master Card, Visa, Discover, or American Express). If you are paying with a check we will need to receive the check within seven (7) days of initial reservation. The amount of deposit required is 35% of the base rate plus the service fee and Travel Insurance Premium. Reservations made under false pretenses of any kind will result in the forfeiture of all rental payments and fees as well as cancellation of your reservation.
3. Service Fee. A non-refundable service fee will be charged to all reservations. The fee includes a reservation processing fee, internet access fee, housekeeping services, and the Peace of Mind Protection Plan. The amount of this fee varies by unit size.
4. Cancellation. Once your reservation deposit has been received, there will be no refunds given, unless you have purchased CSA Travel Protection. In the event you have to cancel your reservation please notify us immediately. If you have purchased CSA Travel Insurance contact them at 800-554-9839 to begin your claim.
5. Travel Interruption Insurance Travel protection is available through CSA Travel Insurance. The insurance premium is 6.5% of your total reservation amount and is automatically added to your balance when you book your vacation. The plan is optional and can be declined by signing a waiver form that is included with your reservation confirmation. This needs to be faxed to Southern Resorts at 800-737-0573 not later than 10 days after making your reservation. Please understand that no refunds for any reason will be given without the purchase of CSA Travel Insurance. If you have any questions or need more information please contact them at 850-554-9839.
6. Check-out Time. Check-out time is no later than 10:00 A.M. Late check-outs require special arrangements and may be available for an additional fee.
7. Pets. In most of our properties pets are strictly forbidden. Pets are allowed only in properties that are designated "pet friendly". A maximum of two trained, mature pets (not to exceed 25lbs. each) are permitted in pet friendly properties. A $200 non-refundable fee is required for pet stays and additional deposits may be required. Pet owners will be financially responsible for any damages and extra cleaning. Having a pet in a property that does not allow pets is grounds for immediate eviction without a refund. The Peace of Mind Protection Plan does not cover any pet related incidents.
8. Smoking is not permitted in any of our properties unless otherwise stated.
9. Advance Reservations. We accept reservations up to one year in advance. We can confirm reservations for a future date, but we cannot confirm or guarantee rates for dates beyond the current published rental rates.
10. Property Assignments. When you confirm a reservation, we will assign you to a particular property. However, we cannot guarantee specific assignments and requests.
11. One-week minimum stays will apply for certain properties with a Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival and Friday, Saturday or Sunday departure.
12. Maximum Number of Guests. The allowable occupancy for the rental property is based on the following sleeping arrangements:
1. 2 persons per bedroom
2. 2 persons per sleeper sofa
3. 1 child under age 16 per bunk bed
Guests who exceed the maximum occupancy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments.
13. Family Rentals Only! All of our vacation accommodations are family rentals ONLY. NO units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults (under 25) unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian. A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. OUR RENTAL UNITS ARE MONITORED FOR VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY. ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE EVICTED AND ALL RENTAL PAYMENTS AND/OR SECURITY DEPOSITS WILL BE FORFEITED. In accordance with Florida State Statute 509.141, RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER FALSE PRETENSE ARE NULL AND VOID AND CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS! We require one parent or guardian for every four persons under the age of 25. During the spring break period, special registration policies will be in effect: the ratio for each reservation must be one parent or guardian per every two persons under the age of 25.
14. No Subletting. The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
15. Rates. Published rental rates are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
16. Payment of Rent. Rental charges are payable in full thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. Some properties require payment due in full ninety (90) days prior to the arrival date. If you do not contact us before final rental payment is due, we will charge the credit card on file for unpaid rental charges on the date when payment is due. We accept cash, traveler's checks, bank cashier’s check, and credit cards (Master Card, Visa, Discover or American Express). Credit cards are not accepted for monthly rentals. All rental payments will be deposited into an interest bearing account, and any interest earned will accrue to Southern Resorts.
17. Key Policy. Keys to the rental unit must be returned to Southern Resorts at check-out.
18. Housekeeping. Laundry facilities are provided either in the rental property or on the grounds of the property. The property will also be stocked with an initial supply of trash liners, toilet paper, bath soap and dishwasher soap.
19. Beach Towels. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS! We do not permit towels, sheets, blankets, or furniture to be removed from the property. Beach chair and umbrella services operate in some areas.
20. Maintenance Problems. During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to Southern Resorts. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. Southern Resorts' staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay.
21. Security of Personal Property. Southern Resorts is not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to any personal property or for personal items left by guest in the accommodation at departure.
22. Good Neighbor Policy. We respectfully request that you remember you are staying in someone's home during your vacation. Please treat it with care and leave it in good condition at checkout.
1. Property Rules and Regulations. Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply can result in eviction.
2. Agent for Owner. Southern Resorts serves as the agent for the owner of the rental property.
Advanced Reservation Payment. An advanced reservation payment will be required to confirm your reservation. This may be paid by cash, traveler's checks, bank cashier’s check, or credit card (Master Card, Visa, Discover, or American Express). If you are paying with a check we will need to receive the check within seven (7) days of initial reservation. The amount of deposit required is 35% of the base rate plus the service fee and Travel Insurance Premium. Reservations made under false pretenses of any kind will result in the forfeiture of all rental payments and fees as well as cancellation of your reservation.
Cancellation. Once your reservation deposit has been received, there will be no refunds given, unless you have purchased CSA Travel Protection. In the event you have to cancel your reservation please notify us immediately. If you have purchased CSA Travel Insurance contact them at 800-554-9839 to begin your claim.